The C Series is the original Roto Hammer® line of chain wheels, patented over 50 years ago. While similar to our newer CL line in most ways, C Series wheels are substantially more robust and are ideal for the heaviest industrial applications and environments. For valves that withstand heavy use or that are located in highly corrosive environments, the C Series is ideal.
- Ductile Iron Clamp-on Chain Sprocket fits hand wheel sizes from 6 to 40 inches in diameter
- Clamps on to existing hand wheel for safe, effective manual valve operation
- All units come complete with sprocket wheel, chain guide, set collar, zinc plated hardware and installation instructions
- C30 and C40 sizes are also available in galvanized
When ordering, provide diameter of existing hand wheel and length of chain required.
- Whenever a chain wheel is installed, provision must be made to KEEP THE VALVE HANDWHEEL RETAINING NUT FROM BACKING OFF THE STEM. This best done by installing a SET SCREW that secures the nut to the stem.
- All chain wheel installations, regardless of age, must be regularly inspected as part of the user’s Safety/Maintenance Procedures. Set screws and other threaded fasteners MUST be secure and tight.
- As an additional safeguard, Roto Hammer strongly recommends that ALL chain wheels be fitted with an appropriately sized Roto Hammer RCK Safety Cable Kit available from your local distributor or Roto Hammer Industries.