Valves aren’t always situated in easy to access locations. Often, gaining access to open or close a valve necessitates dangerous climbing or maneuvering. Our CL Series Chain Wheel can be installed in minutes and provides an easy, inexpensive way to ensure employee safety and effective valve operation. Opening and closing valves becomes as easy as standing at ground level and simply pulling the chain to operate the chain wheel above.
- Ductile Iron Clamp-on Chain Sprocket fits hand wheel sizes from 2 to 26 inches in diameter
- Clamps on to existing hand wheel for safe, effective manual valve operation
- All units come complete with sprocket wheel, chain guide, set collar, zinc plated
- All CL Series wheels are available in galvanized
When ordering, provide diameter of existing hand wheel and length of chain required.
- Whenever a chain wheel is installed, provision must be made to KEEP THE VALVE HANDWHEEL RETAINING NUT FROM BACKING OFF THE STEM. This best done by installing a SET SCREW that secures the nut to the stem.
- All chain wheel installations, regardless of age, must be regularly inspected as part of the user’s Safety/Maintenance Procedures. Set screws and other threaded fasteners MUST be secure and tight.
- As an additional safeguard, Roto Hammer strongly recommends that ALL chain wheels be fitted with an appropriately sized Roto Hammer RCK Safety Cable Kit available from your local distributor or Roto Hammer Industries.